Gene testing children for potential talent.

Discussion in 'Genetics' started by devdutta54, Nov 13, 2009.

1. dabi

dabi Member

Yes, there is an example of someone i was reading about. He inherited music in his genes and was a pianist till the age of 14. Somewhere along the line he got into racing and is today one of the upcoming drvers of the formula F1. Had he been pushed too much into the music arena, he would not have seen success in this aspect of life.
  2. Noriega

Noriega Hunting Will Member

Nuclear power reactor operator
    Resources:
    It's debatable.
    I don't have children of my own but if i did, I would want my kids to be happy.
    Parents are responsible for their children's future up to a certain point in their lives. A parent can only push so much, after the child grows up it's up to them if they want to pursue a career in what the parent chooses or not.
  3. aadryanaa

aadryanaa Full Member

I for one would be curious to see what my kid is talented at, but I would never force it if he (or she) doesn't want to.
    Children shouldn't reflect the frustrations of their parents, if you know what I mean. There are plenty of parents who insist their kids grow up to be something they never had the chance to, and in my opinion, that's just wrong. The same thing applies here, if the kid doesn't feel comfortable developing his/her potential talent, then they should be left alone to grow up happy.
  4. VirgieBrewster

VirgieBrewster Member

engineer
    Resources:
    I don't see what's wrong with this picture, it's just a way to see what the kid is talented at. I think it can save parents from a lot of trouble, and maybe the children too.

Think about it, how many kids do you know who haven't changed their minds after months of practicing a certain sport the parents chose? By knowing what the kid's talent is, you're able to know from the start what will make the kid interested in.

Share This Article