What do you include in your CV?

Discussion in 'Get the Job' started by aadryanaa, Jul 31, 2013.

1. aadryanaa

aadryanaa Full Member

What are, in your opinion, the important things that should be included in your CV?

Besides your education, do you think it's necessary to include all the courses you took outside of college?
    Besides the experience you gained at important jobs over the years, do you find it necessary to include the small jobs you had, like summer jobs in college, for instance?
  2. VirgieBrewster

VirgieBrewster Member

engineer
    Resources:
    I'm not currently looking for a job, but if it were me, I'd include only the important things in my CV.

I think that including everything in it will make it long and boring. With so many people nowadays looking for a job, the employer will have to read hundreds of CVs and that can get annoying at one point.

In my opinion, if you're looking for a job at a biotech company, you should include your education and the courses you took that are biotech related. Don't include everything, I'm sure your future boss won't care you attended dancing classes. Do you get my point?
  3. Noriega

Noriega Hunting Will Member

Nuclear power reactor operator
    Resources:
    Yeah, Virgie's right.
    When applying for a specific job, it's best to have a 'clean' CV.
    Bragging with everything you have done in your life is just... bragging. No one appreciates it.
  4. VirgieBrewster

VirgieBrewster Member

engineer
    Resources:
    Thanks, Noriega :)
    It's how I got my job, I had a clean CV and I tried to mention only the important things.
    After that I began to schmooze my boss and slowly mentioned how ambitious I am to take other courses and how i worked my way through college by taking on small jobs and so on :D It's a good strategy.
  5. Sudir Kalyan

Sudir Kalyan Member Contributors

Engineer
    Resources:
    I don't include much in my CV, usually want to keep it short and crisp but my friends tell me that it needs to longer than others so it a individuals choice really. Apply to come of jobs with a shorter version and see your luck

Share This Article